Replacement dough hook used for some KitchenAid and Whirlpool stand mixer models.
Directly Replaces: K45DH, 9708471, W10674618, 3183588, 3183589, 4162152, 4176069, 9707671, 1066316, AH974265, EA974265, PS974265, 3451166, AP3790523, AP5809075, PS9494946, SAP9708471.
- "C" Dough Hook Attachment For 4.5-qt. Tilt-Head stand mixers.
- The dough hook is recommended for mixing and kneading yeast doughs, such as breads, buns, coffee cakes, pizza dough, and rolls.
- Nylon coated for durability.
- Top rack dishwasher safe.
Beater/Whip to Bowl Clearance
Per the manufacturer the mixer attachments should not touch the bottom of the bowl. If the attachment hits the bottom or sides of the bowl, it may cause the attachment to warp or enamel to chip off. If, after installation, the attachments are touching the bottom of the bowl OR are too far away you can adjust the clearance on your mixer.
Adjusting the Bowl Clearance on Tilt Head Models:
- Turn speed control to "O".
- Unplug the mixer.
- Lift motor head.
- To RAISE the attachment: Turn screw SLIGHTLY counter-clockwise.
- To LOWER the attachment: Turn screw SLIGHTLY clockwise.
NOTE: When properly adjusted, the beater will not strike the bottom or sides of the bowl when in use. If the beater or whip strikes the bowl when in use, the enamel coating may wear/chip off the beater or the wires of the whip may become warped.
I ordered the wrong parts for the KitchenAid Mixer and so was helped by several of the customer service through email. I was so impressed with how they treated me and how they tried to help. In the end I am sending the parts back with a printed address label from Thrifty Appliance Parts. Very convenient.
The customer service also told me where I can buy the correct parts since they didn't have them. Sounds like Santa Claus from Kolhs Department Store in Miracle on 34th Street.
I am completely please with everything.