Replacement dual defrost heater and thermostat assembly used for some GE, Hotpoint, and Kenmore refrigerator models.
Directly Replaces: WR51X442, WR51X0342, WR51X0371, WR51X0442, WR51X0463, WR51X342, WR51X371, WR51X463, 197D1481G001, WR50X0122, WR50X0128, WR50X10014, WR50X12, 1972, AH303933, AP2071464, EA303933, EAP303933, PD00001008, PS303933.
- Heater and thermostat work together to monitor the unit temperature and melt any frost off the evaporator coil.
- Dual Quartz Tube Set with leads and thermostat.
- Assembly includes a replacement WR50X122 defrost thermostat.
- L60-32F Thermostat: Open: 60 Degree, Close: 28 Degree, 32 Degree Diff.
- Includes (1) Dual Quartz Tube Defrost Heater Set with Leads and Thermostat.
- Color: Gray / White / Red / Blue.
- Material: Plastic / Metal / Rubber / Glass.
- Electrical Specs: 115V, 600W.
- Bracket Dimensions: 9-1/2"L x 1-1/4"W x 2-7/8"H (Each).
- Additional Dimensions: Thermostat measures 1-1/16"L x 1-1/16"W x 1-1/8"H; Thermostat lead measures approx. 9-1/4"L.
Failure Symptoms: Ice and/or frost buildup is on the rear panel or floor inside the freezer (depending on the style and placement of the evaporator coil).
How to test: Measure continuity through the heater using a multimeter. No continuity will show the heater is faulty.
Repair Tip: Use only a hair dryer and hot water to thaw the evaporator coil. Never use anything sharp to chip or pry at the ice or frost.
Disclaimer: Information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the information referred to are beyond control, ApplianceRepairForum.com and Thrifty Appliance Parts LLC, cannot be held liable for results obtained or arising from use or reliance on such information.
The User assumes responsibility associated with making test measurements, adjustments, parts replacements and any other action necessary to perform any recommended procedures. It is the responsibility of the User to ask for clarification if a recommendation is not fully understood, including the risks and hazards associated with the recommended procedures.