Replacement defrost heater and thermostat used for some Americana, GE, Hotpoint, and Kenmore refrigerator models.
Directly Replaces: WR51X10055, WR51X10030, SH323, 914088, AH303781, AP3183311, EA303781, EAP303781, PD00001004, PS303781, WR50X10068, WR50X10068B, WR50X10015, WR50X10017, WR50X10018, WR50X10028, WR50X10051, WR50X10052, WR50X10053, WR50X10054, WR50X10074, WR50X10075, WR50X10079, WR50X10068-100PK, 197D5744P002, SL10068, 1170024, AH1017716, AP3884317, EA1017716, EAP1017716, PD00001040, PS1017716.
- Monitors and melts any frost off the evaporator coil.
- Typically used on side by side units.
- Single quartz tub heater.
- L140-30F thermostat with clip-on tube style mounting clip.
- Includes (1) Defrost Heater and Bracket Assembly, (1) L140-30F Defrost Thermostat with Tube Mount Clip and Wire Leads.
APNWR51X10055 Heater Specifications:
- Material: Quartz Glass / Metal
- Electrical Specs: 120V, 725W.
- Dimensions: 12-1/8"L x 3-3/8"W x 2-1/8"H.
APNWR50X10068 Thermostat Specifications:
- Color: Orange / Pink / Gray.
- Material: Metal / Plastic.
- Electrical Specs: 120/250V, 5/10A.
- Thermostat Dimensions: 1-1/16" Diameter x 1-1/8"H.
- Additional Dimensions: Wire leads extend approx. 10-1/2"L from thermostat.
Don't see your model listed? Submit this form to get help finding the right part.
Failure Symptoms: Ice and/or frost buildup is on the rear panel or floor inside the freezer (depending on the style and placement of the evaporator coil).
How to test: Measure continuity through the heater using a multimeter. No continuity will show the heater is faulty.
Repair Tip: Use only a hair dryer and hot water to thaw the evaporator coil. Never use anything sharp to chip or pry at the ice or frost.
Disclaimer: Information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the information referred to are beyond control, ApplianceRepairForum.com and Thrifty Appliance Parts LLC, cannot be held liable for results obtained or arising from use or reliance on such information.
The User assumes responsibility associated with making test measurements, adjustments, parts replacements and any other action necessary to perform any recommended procedures. It is the responsibility of the User to ask for clarification if a recommendation is not fully understood, including the risks and hazards associated with the recommended procedures.