Replacement lid switch used for some GE and Hotpoint washer models.
Directly Replaces: WH08X32657, WH08X31222, 4963152, AP7033485, EAP16619254, PD00070146, PS16619254.
- Secures the lid during the wash cycle on top loading washer models.
- Used on some top load washers.
- Includes (1) Lid Switch with 3-Wire Harness Assembly.
- Color: White / Black with Multi-Colored Harness.
- Material: Plastic / Metal.
- Electrical Specs: Sensing Circuit - 120Vac, 15mA; Lock Circuit - 120Vac, 15mA; Coil - 120Vac, 50/60Hz.
- Switch Dimensions: 3-1/2"L x 3/4"W x 3-3/4"H.
- Additional Dimensions: Harness measures approx. 43"L.
Don't see your model listed? Submit this form to get help finding the right part.
The lid switch is used on top load machines to tell if the lid is opened or closed.
Failure Symptoms: When the lid switch fails the unit may not be able to fill, wash, drain, or spin.
How to Test: Use a multi-meter to test the switch for electrical continuity. If there is no continuity replace the switch.
*Continuity is the presence of a complete path for current flow. A continuity test is a quick check to see if a circuit is open or closed. Only a closed, complete circuit (one that is switched ON) has continuity.
*Continuity testing should be attempted only when voltage is NOT present in the circuit being tested. Always unplug the device or turn off the main circuit breaker before attempting a continuity test. Ensure that all capacitors are safely discharged.
Disclaimer: Information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the information referred to are beyond control, ApplianceRepairForum.com and Thrifty Appliance Parts LLC, cannot be held liable for results obtained or arising from use or reliance on such information.
The User assumes responsibility associated with making test measurements, adjustments, parts replacements and any other action necessary to perform any recommended procedures. It is the responsibility of the User to ask for clarification if a recommendation is not fully understood, including the risks and hazards associated with the recommended procedures.