Replacement clutch assembly used for some Admiral, Amana, Crosley, Estate, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag, Roper, and Whirlpool brand washier models.
Directly Replaces: 285785, 285331, 285380, 285422, 285540, 285761, 285785VP, 3350015, 3350114, 3350115, 3351342, 3351343, 387888, 388948, 388949, 3946794, 3946847, 3951311, 3951312, 62699, 63174, 63765, 64176, J27-662, LP326, LP785, 2670, AP3094537, AH334641, EA334641, EAP334641, PD00002503, PS334641.
- Connects the transmission to the inner tub during the spin cycle /agitator during the wash cycle.
- Fits direct drive (belt-less) washers.
- Includes (1) Clutch w/Liner, (1) Break Cam Driver, (1) Retaining Clip, (1) Regular to Large Capacity Washer Spring, (1) Compact Capacity Washer Spring, Instructions.
- Blue spring for large capacity 27" washers, Black spring for compact 24"washers.
- Material: Plastic / Metal.
- Clutch Dimensions: 4-1/2"L x 4-1/2"W x 1-1/8"H.
- View Instructions.
The clutch connects the transmission and the inner tub, helping the tub to gradually get up to the proper spin speed.
Failure Symptoms: If the clutch or clutch band is worn out, it may prevent the tub from spinning.
How to Test: Check the clutch and clutch lining for advanced wear. If the clutch is worn out, it should be replaced.
Disclaimer: Information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the information referred to are beyond control, ApplianceRepairForum.com and Thrifty Appliance Parts LLC, cannot be held liable for results obtained or arising from use or reliance on such information.
The User assumes responsibility associated with making test measurements, adjustments, parts replacements and any other action necessary to perform any recommended procedures. It is the responsibility of the User to ask for clarification if a recommendation is not fully understood, including the risks and hazards associated with the recommended procedures.