Replacement thermal fuse kit used for some Amana, Crosley, Inglis, Kenmore, KitchenAid, Maytag, and Whirlpool dryer models.
Directly Replaces: 279973, 279973VP, 3391913, 3404151, 3404152, 3977395, 8318314, 897710, AH334387, AP3094323, EA334387, EAP334387, PD00002626, PS334387.
- The thermal cut-off kit prevents the dryer from overheating if the high limit thermostat fails.
- Includes (1) 8318314 Thermal Cutoff Replacement, (1) 3391914 High Limit Thermostat Replacement.
- Material: Plastic / Metal / Ceramic.
- Thermostat Dimensions: 1-1/2"L x 1-1/8"W x 2"H; 1-5/8" between mounting holes (center to center).
- L295-80F high limit thermostat.
- Thermal Cutoff Dimensions: 1-1/4"L x 1-1/4"W x 2-3/16"H; 1-5/8" between mounting holes (center to center).
- 352 Deg. F thermal fuse.
Repair Skill Level: 2 | Beginner to Moderate
Minimal disassembly (if any) and some basic tools may be needed.
Part Description: The thermal cut-off kit prevents the dryer from overheating if the high limit thermostat fails.
Failure Symptoms: Dryer will not heat at all, or takes an increasing amount of time to dry your clothes.
Testing: Use a multimeter to test it for continuity in the fuse and thermostat. If there is no continuity in either piece, it should be replaced.
Bonus Tip: A blown thermal fuse indicates a restriction in the exhaust vent that runs from the dryer to the outside. Be sure to check the dryer venting whenever you need to replace the thermal fuse.
Disclaimer: Information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the information referred to are beyond control, ApplianceRepairForum.com and Thrifty Appliance Parts LLC, cannot be held liable for results obtained or arising from use or reliance on such information.
The User assumes responsibility associated with making test measurements, adjustments, parts replacements and any other action necessary to perform any recommended procedures. It is the responsibility of the User to ask for clarification if a recommendation is not fully understood, including the risks and hazards associated with the recommended procedures.