Replacement water inlet valve used for some Crosley, Electrolux, Frigidaire, Kenmore, and White-Westinghouse refrigerator models.
Directly Replaces: 242252702, 240321801, 240505101, 240505102, 240508101, 240508102, 240531101, 241734301, 241734302, 7241734301, WV2702, 2692163, AP5671757, EAP7784018, PD00000153, PS7784018.
- Controls the flow of water to the ice maker and water dispenser.
- Typically used on side by side units.
- May differ in appearance from original part due to manufacturer changes.
- New quick connect fittings replace older style screw on fittings.
- Uses (4) outlets.
- Includes (1) 3-Solenoid Water Valve with Bracket, Instructions.
- Color: Gray / Blue / Green / Yellow / Maroon.
- Material: Plastic / Metal.
- Electrical Specs: 120V (each), 50/60Hz (each), 20W (Maroon), 20W (Yellow), 35W (Green).
- Dimensions: 7-1/8"L x 3-3/4"W x 3-1/4"H.
- Additional Dimensions: (1) 1/4" tube inlet; (3) 5/16" tube outlets, (1) 1/4" tube outlet.
- View Instructions.
*If you remove the blue retainer clips on the connectors during installation, they must be re-applied to prevent the water line from leaking.
Check for a clogged water filter. On this valve you can do so by removing the tubing from under the brown solenoid, aiming the tubing connector of the valve into a cup or pitcher, and then activating the water dispenser. If water comes through, the next step would be to re-insert the tubing and then remove the tubing going to the elbow at the opposite side of the valve. Aim the tubing into a cup and activate the water dispenser. If no water comes through, the failure is going to be in the water filter. If water did come through the hose, then the water line would need to be inspected for any kinks or frozen sections.
Check for a frozen line by disconnecting the tube at the bottom of the door and blowing air through it. If air does not pass through, this indicates that the water supply tube is frozen. If the water supply tube is frozen, thaw it out. Also, be sure that the freezer is kept at the proper temperature. If the freezer is too cold, it could be causing the water line to freeze.
Don't see your model listed? Submit this form to get help finding the right part.